Assalamu alaikum warahmathullahi wabarakathuhu
Allah says in the Quran
“Those who spend of their goods by night and by day, in secret and in public,(in charity) have their reward with their Lord:
Almuslimaath has been collecting zakath and distributing among the poor and needy for the last 25 years, alhamdulillah.
Our zakath projects include
1. 1. Distribution of dry rations to the widows, orphans, the poor and the destitute just before Ramadan starts to enable them to fast – each parcel costs around Rs. 3500 ( 30 USD=100 Riyals )
2. 2. Help single women, namely widows, divorced or with husbands who are unable to look after them since they are sick, in prison or are lost – for their urgent needs such as house repairs, electricity connections or water connections, toilet and kitchen building or give them interest free loans to set up their own small business ventures.
3. 3.Distribute stationery and school bags/ shoes to poor children
4. 4. Pay for education assistance or the school fees of the poor school children
5. 5.Pay for health needs such as providing wheel chairs, prosthetic legs, cochlear implants and help in kidney or heart surgery
6. 6. Help to settle loans of poor people
7. 7. Rehabilitate and empower reverts and their families
8. 8. Help the poor da’ees on their basic needs
This year we will be helping the people affected in the Aluthgama riots too, insha Allah
We hope you will help us to carry out these meritorious acts by donating at least part of your zakath.
May Allah give you much so that you can spend in His way more.