Created on Sunday, 08 July 2007
The following children need help atleast Rs.1000 per person per month atleast for 1 year. Can you please help?
1. Art Student – 22 years – Mutur
Synopsis: A 2nd year art student in the South-Eastern University of Sri Lanka. His course is Transport and Logistics Management. Father is a fisherman and mother is a housewife. He has 4 brothers and 3 sisters, all are students. Their family income is around Rs.3000.
2. Arts – 22 years – Mutur
Synopsis: A 2nd year art student in the South-Eastern University of Sri Lanka. Father is a vegetable vendor and mother is a housewife. He has 3 brothers and 3 sisters, all are students. Their family income is around Rs.4500.
3. A widow has 3 children – 17, 6, 4 years old. 1 goes to Jennath Int. School and the fee is Rs.1000 per month. The principal assured that the boy is intelligent and deserving.
4. From Thotawattha, Keselwatte, 12550, Panadura. Has 2 sons and wants us to help out with their education, studying at Fahriya Central College in Gr.4 and is 9 years old.
5. Student – 13 years – Pollannaruwa – Orphan – Male
His mother has appealed to us to help him in his studies. Her husband died in an ancident. She has given 1 daughter in marriage and with that, the house was given to her. Now she lives behind a shop owned by some relatives with her unmarried daughter and this boy.
6. From Wellawatte, Panadura is studying in Fahriya Central College is 16 years old and is in her 1st year A/Levels.
7. Idimen, Kinniya-5, has a son studying in Grade 6.
8. From Galbokka, Weligama has 3 young children – Gr.9, 5, 1. She needs money for the daughter for private tution, so that she can get coached to sit for the Govt. Scholarship exam. All the children are studying in MR/Arafa Central College, Weligama National School.